Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Chocolates and Champagne is the way to a woman's HEART

The different desserts we tried...
and how the plates looked at the end, EMPTY!
Chocolates, Red Velvet Cake, Champagne…OH MY! I immediately get a sugar-rush just thinking about Julia Baker Confections, located at Biltmore Fashion Park. My birthday was last week and luckily I am friends with the Valley’s own Willy Wonka (but prettier and classier) confectioner…Julia Baker. 


She has a store that reminds me of a boutique that should be on the streets of Paris. The brown awnings and white exterior welcomes you to the first portion of the store, that is filled with creative ways to hold her homemade chocolates.



Julia was kind enough to invite my family and friends to her dessert café and wine bar to celebrate the last year of my twenties. We enjoyed an array of delicious desserts and champagne as a happy hour birthday celebration.


The beautiful Julia Baker and I


I would recommend trying Julia Baker Confections, either for date night or to reward yourself after a day of shopping at the Biltmore. The chocolate shop is located right across from, Saks 5th Avenue...on the same side as Lulu Lemon.

I believe that everyone deserves to "cheat" on their healthy eating habits, every now and then so go ahead and do it here! The smell when you walk in will make you want to stay and try the different cakes or to take something to go.


Guys here is a TIP: Women LOVE creative gifts and dates (not always expensive as you may think) so arrange a tasting at Julia's and have them set out a nice bottle of champagne with one of their signature desserts. As you can see from the photo above we pratically licked the plates clean...you will see why when you try it out!

This is also a great venue if you need a place to throw a bridal or baby shower. You can reserve the back room and what bride or mom to be wouldn't love a chocolate shop all to herself?!Happy Lunching!!
My friends and I with Julia at her shop













*If you use Instagram make sure you tag your photos while you are "lunching": #ladieswholunchaz and if you want me to see them tag me @mpearce725!